Search Engine Optimization
What's the secret to being number one, at least, in search engines like Google? There are ways to optimize your website, but anyone promising you fantastic SEO results, especially for a fee, is not legit.
Seek, and Ye Shall find
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Using best practices, I build sites for on-page SEO as well as off-page SEO. Like in Westworld, you can choose the white hat or black hat. The black hat will get you ranked faster by using tricks like keyword stuffing and link scraping. However, like all cheating schemes, you may benefit at first, but your site will not prosper in the long run. The white hat approach of growing your site organically may take more time, but the benefits will equate to better rankings.
the pros and cons of black and white hat seo
- Creates the best user experience
- No danger involved
- Long term strategy
- It takes time to accomplish high rankings on search engines
- Attains high ranking search engine results quickly
- Creates poor user experience
- Short term strategy
- Likely to be penalized by Google
SEO the right way
Getting long-term SEO results (if you aren't doing the cheap tricks) requires action and time. When I build a website, I focus on -
- Content - Google tries to provide the best search experience by delivering a website that matches the user's search terms. Content relevancy, timeliness, quality, and intent are the four cornerstones of great content.
- Keyword Research and Selection - Keywords can often open the door to inspiration by telling you exactly what people want to know based on what they’re searching for.
- HTML - Without proper tags, headers, and descriptions, Google will have difficulty figuring out what your content is about and why it should rank higher than the competition.
- Site Architecture - A good website architecture leads to a great user experience, which is important for SEO marketing.
- Mobile-Friendliness - Creating a site that performs well on mobile sites is a deciding factor in Google searches.
- Page Speed - A good website architecture leads to a great user experience, which is important for SEO.
- HTTPS and SSL - Security and safety are important ranking factors even if you are not an online store.